1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Has anyone ever made a steering extension for a 3'' body lift.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Outlaw19, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

I went to price out a steering extension today and I was shocked on the price ($180). So I was thinking I could make one very easily. Has anyone ever made on of these.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know where you are looking, a brand new lift kit costs that. I have to say, looking back at your posts and questions about lifting your truck it makes me nervous helping. Seems like you are trying to do it the cheapest way possible (I don't blame you for being cheap) but, it also seems like you don't realize the major safety issues that you may create. I am not concerned about you hurting yourself, more about the innocent family traveling down the road when one of your pieced together lifts fails. (like a home made steering extension) My comment is not meant to be insulting. I just read thru your posts where you were asking about stacking blocks under the rear axle to get some height (big non-no) Then another where you were discussing stacking body lift blocks to give yourself a 4" body lift. (another major safety issue), now home made steering extensions?

Any way here is the extension used on my 3" body lift, for $43.97, yes it says 1.5" but it is what came with my 3" kit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pra-se1000?seid=srese1&gclid=CJfUnKyjwrwCFecRMwod9BMA_g
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Check out flaming river also, I bought my steering extension for my 3" body lift there for $75.00. It's solid stainless steel polished, and it's grease able as well.
  4. Outlaw19

Outlaw19 Member

I live in Canada and prices here are a lot more. I already have bought a 2'' body lift off Ebay for $300 and a 3'' body costs $500 retail at any truck accessory store here. I also have a 2'' rough country levelling kit so no my truck is not pieced together. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and had it work. I have done many lifts on 90s style but am new to the 2000 GMs so that is why I am asking. When it comes to safety I was making sure on the stacking block idea because I have seen professional lift shops install stacked blocks.