Has anyone gotten these headlights before?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by zuper8, May 5, 2009.

1. zuper8

zuper8 Rockstar

The headlights on the Suburban are really, really awfully cloudy and yucky. I haven't tried to sand or polish them yet, but I can see that they're bad enough they'll never look new again.

Saw these on Ebay, has anyone gotten them? I know there's a lot of just total crap on ebay motors so that's why i ask.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...ms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318#ht_3262wt_1209

they look cool :shocked:

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There are a few guys on here with those but I have been unable to get a comment from them about these lights.

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Racheal, if you look in the Audio, Video & Electrical, the General Tech as well as the Appearance and Aftermarket forums there is a tremendous amount of information about projector headlights on the whole as well as a few thumbs up and thumbs down. As Vncj said, not all too many direct product reviews on particular lights themselves. When I was looking into getting projector lights these ones you show (but in all black, for my application) were the ones I was looking at installing and at the minimal price as compared to others I thought it would be a good gamble.

Good luck and let us know how the lights turn out!

4. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

a guy i work with bought some that looked just like that, the only difference is that his were for a 98 and they werent projectors. he hasnt had them in for a month, and they already have condensation. they look ok, but emit low light, and are un able to adjust up or down

5. Montana

Montana Member

You're better off keeping the OEM lights. I would go to Wal Mart and get the Crystal View kit for $20.00 and polish the lenses. They'll be like new. The CV kit has a clear coat that the others don't so it won't fog up again. And it has a lifetime warrantee.:happy:

Just my .02

6. zuper8

zuper8 Rockstar

hmm ok, will that work better than a porter cable with rubbing compound? because that's what i was going to try after wetsanding with 2000 grit.

7. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you do end up using the rubbing compound please let us/me know how it turns out.

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

9. fd8215

fd8215 Member

I bought a headlight cleaning compound from Can Tire(8.99), for the lights on my 97 chev, the lights where a little cleaner, I actually took some wet 1500 grit sandpaper to them first to take the road grime and heavy yellowing off,then used the compound they where a little cleaner but the foggyness still seemed to be there, it did clean up the turn signal lights amazingly,they looked brand new.

10. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a set of Halo headlights for my C1500, and the only problem I've had with them was a little condensation build up in the turn signals due to the gasket not sitting right and water collecting in one corner lens that was due to a rock cracking the lens. IDK where you live, but I live in south La, a very very very humid place. SO as long as you treat them right, you should be find.

[​IMG]