Has anyone used Borgeson Replacement shafts???!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Burnall4, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Burnall4

Burnall4 Member

Here is there website: http://ww2.borgeson.com/TRUCKS/CHEVY.html

I had the intermediate steering shaft replaced under warranty but its still popping, and I want it gone, my truck only has 26k miles on it. It shouldn't feel like this...so I have been searching for a replacement for it, and aftermarket, beefed up replacement to get rid of the popping/clunking once and for all! So has anyone had experience with this particular brand or know of a good brand to go with?

Thanks in advance.

Burn

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought 2 U-joints and their slip yoke shaft and made a custom shaft for my FJ-40. Their products are very well machined and they are also very proud of them price wise. <G> They have the double D shafts as well as the OE splined shafts. Good stuff and they are very knowledgeable on the telephone.

3. Burnall4

Burnall4 Member

Thanks Jim ~ are they the only guys that make a replacement shaft for our trucks that cures the popping once and for all?

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Has anyone used Borgenson Replacment shafts

I installed a Borgenson shaft in my 05 Z-71 after using the so-called factory fixes that didnt last. Installed easy and has lasted longer than the GM shaft and fixes.

5. Burnall4

Burnall4 Member

Thats the info I am looking for! How much do they run for everything? I am having a hard time finding the price, I saw one in passing on one of their pages and it said to be 225?

6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Since my shaft has not started popping yet I can't answer that question. I would buy one from them and probably will once mine starts making noise.

I know Flaming River makes this stuff too but when I called them they were rude on the phone and treated me like I was stupid. I had an old advance adapter spud shaft that I wanted to convert and the guy told me they never made the shaft. I told him he must be new and that pissed him off. :)

7. BlueNGrey

BlueNGrey New Member

Hey guys, sorry to dig up this older post, but I am having the slight rattle/clunking I can feel in the stearing wheeel when taking turns on on/off ramps from the highway and sometimes when accelerating into a turn from a stop like at a light or stop sign. Is this what you are looking at for a replacement for this issue? I have done some research and alot of times it states there is a noise from under the hood that you can hear if this needs to be replaced, but I have not heard any particular noises, I can just feel this knocking/rattle in the steering wheel. This is what I found on one parts distributors website and was looking for something a liittle beefier so that I don't have to swap this out twice when I find the GM part still doesn't fit the bill... Any Imput?

Also, Burn, Did you go ahead and swap out with the Borgeson? If so, how did it go?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GM PART # 19153614
    CATEGORY: All
    PACK QTY: 1
    CORE CHARGE: $0.00
    GM LIST: $92.00
    OUR PRICE: $54.54

DESCRIPTION: 99-07 1500 Fullsize truck upper steering column intermediate shaft

This upper steering column intermediate shaft has been designed to replace your current steering column shaft that may be making a clunking type noise under the hood and can be felt in the steering wheel and/or steering column. This condition may be felt while making low speed turns or on rough road conditions.

Intermediate shaft P/N 19153614 has been designed to replace previous designed dampened and non-dampened Intermediate shafts and will not look like your original.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

yep thats what they were talking about. I think I have felt the clunk in most every gm vehicle even new ones