Has anyone used these tires before? Bridgestone and Goodyear

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Camaro69car, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

2. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

The Goodyear triple tread is an excellent tire. I had them for the wife's car. In the rain they can't be beat. Normally when you hit a puddle that is deeper than you thought and the car gets sucked off the road. Well not with this tire. Starting and stopping on wet pavement you won't spin from loss of grip. In the snow with 2 to 3 inches on the road it's like you have a plow on the car as snow is thrown to the sides. They stopped making them in 15" and the newer car has 16" so I will be getting them again.

3. xXBadAndyXx

xXBadAndyXx New Member

Agreed. If i were choosing between the two of them i would choose the goodyear brand.

4. Camaro69car

Awesome, I was debating between the 2. I was kinda leaning toward the bridgestones due to the fact that they were also rated for off road, and figured I could get a little longer life out of them. I'll be done with my firestones at about 35K

5. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Not sure what size you need but I found 215/65/16 for around $116 ea. on line

6. Camaro69car

235/60R17

or wider, Idk if I can put 255-55 17's or whatever will slow my speedo down by 1 or 2 mph. right now im going faster than my speedo says.

7. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have the Duelers on my truck, it came with them and when I needed a replacement set I found 4 more. Good tire, I got well over 50,000 on the originals.

You can save big bucks, if you can find a set of "take offs" at a local GM dealer. They sell a new truck and the buyer wants a different tire, the originals have 2, or 3, mikes on them and they are sold as used (read 1/2 price).