Has anyone used this parts retailer and how would you rate them?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Sep 28, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I came across http://www.rockauto.com and was wondering if anyone has used them and how they are. Some of the prices look pretty good.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've used them for parts quite often, great service, great prices.
    Normally if it's a part you can afford to wait a day or two to receive their the way to go.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've not used them. If you do, Nak, let me know what you think of them?
  4. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I buy from them often. I know many others who use them and are happy. They ship fast and the parts are always right and a lot less than local stores. I get my parts in 2 days every time I order from them.
  5. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com New Member 100 Posts

I just finished up an LS1 swap on my truck, and everything I bought was from Rockauto. They saved me about $1,500 on the whole swap, I only had one part that was not good quality. They sent me what was supposed to be a MAP sensor, and the fitment was off by about 1/2" and it wouldn't even seat flat in the intake. Other than that very fast shipping, 5 stars from me!!

I also get emails for an extra 15% off my orders now, make sure to give them your email.
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Cool, I am going to start with something thats not too expensive. I just placed an order for an LM487 from them for $32 so I get can the rest of the led's in my truck.

- - - Updated - - -

Will do., you know your sig needs some work..... its like twice as long now....:sign0020:
  7. SurrealOne

Once Steve fixes the problems with the new Garage feature I'll revise it.
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nak I don't think they sell complete Duramax trucks there!! :sign0020:
  9. SurrealOne

Nice! :sign0011:
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I never did like RockAuto's website. The few times I ordered a car part on-line, I found them at 1A Auto.