1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Have a detailing questions.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 97chevz71, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 97chevz71

97chevz71 New Member 100 Posts

I just wanted to say if anybody needs any help on how to detail your truck i will be happy to answer.

2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i just bought an orbital polisher and im not really sure how to use it? any tips?

what products do you use?
    Is wax compound any good?
  3. 97chevz71

First of all what kind of ordital do you have a port and cable 7424. The products that i found to be the best is adams. I and going to hook you up with some vids to show you how to get started and make your paint look brand new. These vids are from the junkman and it is better to show i think then try to explain a timely process. Hope this is what you want if not let me know.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWlpT_QMGCU"]YouTube - Part 1 - Adam's Polishes Intro[/ame]

Watch from 1 to 10 and you will have perfect paint.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  4. 88Jimmy4X4

88Jimmy4X4 New Member

Detailing

I have tried the orbital and standard polishers and cant stand them. I always go back to doing it by hand. I think you get a better application this way. I always use Mothers Products. I have a Dakota R/T that I put in shows and won a few times, so It must work... for me anyways. I work at a powersports shop and do all the detailing on Bikes, Quads, Side X Sides, PWC's and Boats. Been doing it for years. At first your arms will give out, but after a few times you will like the results better.
  5. bd1326

bd1326 New Member

do you recommend wax or polish?
  6. Wrench

Wrench New Member

what product do dealerships use to give the interior the new car smell? i just bought a 2007 and want to keep it smelling new. thanks
  7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

also what if when im using the orbital i go over where there is chipped paint, what would happen? will it blend the paint in?

6" polisher its a cord one
    i got it for cheap at harber freight

this is how mine looks
    [​IMG]

• [FONT=arial, sans-serif]
    • Oval palm grip design for better control
    • Includes 6'' polishing pad, bonnet and application cover
    • 120 volt, 108 watts, 3500 OPM
    • UL listed[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]
    what do you think?[/FONT]
  8. 97chevz71

I never like them. And i would not use one on your truck. I would by a port and cable it is idiot prove. IF you watch the vids you can see what they can do.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  9. 97chevz71

What i would recommend a good revive polish with a sealer or just jump straight to a carbuna wax for a great shine.
  10. 97chevz71

You get a good application for wax if you do it by hand. but if you are taking swirls out you need a machine. And mothers is good but adams polish is the best in my book. By the ease of application and taking it off. And you can not get any better customer service.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009