Have a Mobile Handheld Device - iPhone, Smart Phone, etc?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, Apr 7, 2010.

Newest Photos

?

Do you have an iPhone, Smart Phone or other web Handheld Device?

1. Yes and I get on the web a lot

82 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. Yes but I sometimes get on the web

27 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. yes but I never get on the web

9 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. No, but I will get one this year

12 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. iPhone

31 vote(s)
    18.0%
  6. Smart Phone

40 vote(s)
    23.3%
  7. Other mobile handheld device

27 vote(s)
    15.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm curious who's got a mobile handheld device like an iPhone, Smart Phone, PDA, Palm, etc?

I just picked up a Samsung Caliber that I use on the MetroPCS network and I like it fair enough, but I was not able to use the GMTC website very well, so I installed a very simple style on here just for mobile handheld devices and it's good news/bad news.

The good news is that it's going to be better for most people who use these devices. The bad news is that if you like the full-site on your handheld then it's forcing you to the new style.

So feedback is requested here as we move forward towards a great new mobile website for GMTruckClub.com!
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member 100 Posts

I have a iPhone. I get on the site a lot when I'm on my phone. I like the idea of a mobile site, but it looks extremely messed up for me right now.
  3. ChevyFan

Did you try it tonight? It's a very stripped-down and barebone site with just text and basic formatting. That is done on purpose for fast loading and to keep it on the small screens.

Also, what type of mobile device are you using? Also, are you going to gmtruckclub.com/forum ??
  4. GaryG

GaryG New Member 100 Posts

That putting it mildly Steve LOL. U had me bout throwing my phone across the room, little quicker heads up would be nice LOL just messing with u. But I have a Droid as I mentioned in the other thread, I have this site as my home page an I'm on here alot
  5. ZSI52

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't tell if that worked or not lol.
  6. ChevyFan

Thanks for the homepage shot. That is not something I have been able to get to. There are two different technologies that run this site. The HOMEpage and then the FORUMS, so I will work on the home page later this week or so.
  7. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a PSP, which i use when i don't feel like taking the 20 minutes to start up the computer.
  8. ChevyFan

how does this look on the psp?
  9. ZSI52

When I try to click on the Forum link it just takes me to the homepage again.
  10. ChevyFan

The homepage is the page with the Chevy Silverado photo on it. The forums link should go to the main forum category listing and be very barebones.