Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Have Gas Prices Changed Your Driving Habits?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, May 26, 2007.

?

Have gas prices changed your driving habits?

1. No, I drive the same and just pay.

174 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. Yes, I cut back on needless trips and consolidate.

157 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. Yes, I drive a lot less and even change plans to save fuel

53 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Yes, I have parked or sold a vehicle because of high gas prices.

25 vote(s)
    6.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I drive much less because of the high gas prices. How have gas prices affected you?
  2. DutchTBI

DutchTBI Rockstar

yes, I skipped needless trips. Fuel prices keep on getting ( €1,50 per liter) worse over here. I'am thinking of converting the car to LPG.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Now if I can get the wife to stop impulse shopping at that stupid Walmart...Gawd I hate that store. Honey can go here honey can I go there...Ah shut up and leave me alone. :lol:
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like it's the perfect solution. If you want to be left alone, let her shop at Walmart. At least she's not shopping nieman marcus.

Shaving kit...what a bargain at only $100.00 before shipping:eek:
  5. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

All three of the YES options apply to me.
  6. KD7ONE

KD7ONE Rockstar 100 Posts

I only use my vehicle when I need to. I walk the 2 blocks to Wally World instead of drive there unless I need a lot of things.
  7. sidedrifter

sidedrifter New Member

I think we are going to sell the Suburban and buy a HHR. It makes me sick because I just got the Suburban the way I wanted it
  8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

well back to nieman marcus, i dont need to shave my face that bad. I'll take the buck knife to it and use sour cream for shaving cream before i spend 100 dollars on it. I NEEED THAT MONEY FOR GAS!
  9. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Seeing we have so many vehicles on the road and off I just consolidate trips to the vehicle that will do the job.

The Fiero has always been a grocery getter and errand car.

The Burb is more of a tow/feed/ family car.

The full size Ford vans are just used to get hay, 30 square bales at a time, rain or shine.

The plow truck is just for plowing and fencing so that really hasn’t seen much use at all lately,

Now the golf cart has gotten a lot of use lately, we use that to haul meals around for the animals on the farm and getting to and from garden spots.

But I have considered using it to get to Wally World, we are less than a ¼ mile from the back entrance. All I would have to do is register it as an ATV and it would be legal to do that.
  10. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats what I'm talkin' bout! You can have my little trailer for the back of it. I'm done fooling around with it.
    Last edited: May 28, 2007