Have Gas Prices Changed Your Driving Habits?

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by ChevyFan, May 26, 2007.

?

Have gas prices changed your driving habits?

1. No, I drive the same and just pay.

174 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. Yes, I cut back on needless trips and consolidate.

157 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. Yes, I drive a lot less and even change plans to save fuel

53 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Yes, I have parked or sold a vehicle because of high gas prices.

25 vote(s)
    6.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I drive much less because of the high gas prices. How have gas prices affected you?

2. DutchTBI

DutchTBI Rockstar

yes, I skipped needless trips. Fuel prices keep on getting ( €1,50 per liter) worse over here. I'am thinking of converting the car to LPG.

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Now if I can get the wife to stop impulse shopping at that stupid Walmart...Gawd I hate that store. Honey can go here honey can I go there...Ah shut up and leave me alone. :lol:

4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like it's the perfect solution. If you want to be left alone, let her shop at Walmart. At least she's not shopping nieman marcus.

Shaving kit...what a bargain at only $100.00 before shipping:eek:

5. NHSilverado

NHSilverado Former Member

All three of the YES options apply to me.

6. KD7ONE

KD7ONE Rockstar 100 Posts

I only use my vehicle when I need to. I walk the 2 blocks to Wally World instead of drive there unless I need a lot of things.

7. sidedrifter

sidedrifter New Member

I think we are going to sell the Suburban and buy a HHR. It makes me sick because I just got the Suburban the way I wanted it

8. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

well back to nieman marcus, i dont need to shave my face that bad. I'll take the buck knife to it and use sour cream for shaving cream before i spend 100 dollars on it. I NEEED THAT MONEY FOR GAS!

9. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Seeing we have so many vehicles on the road and off I just consolidate trips to the vehicle that will do the job.

The Fiero has always been a grocery getter and errand car.

The Burb is more of a tow/feed/ family car.

The full size Ford vans are just used to get hay, 30 square bales at a time, rain or shine.

The plow truck is just for plowing and fencing so that really hasn’t seen much use at all lately,

Now the golf cart has gotten a lot of use lately, we use that to haul meals around for the animals on the farm and getting to and from garden spots.

But I have considered using it to get to Wally World, we are less than a ¼ mile from the back entrance. All I would have to do is register it as an ATV and it would be legal to do that.

10. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thats what I'm talkin' bout! You can have my little trailer for the back of it. I'm done fooling around with it.

Last edited: May 28, 2007