Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Have you lowered your Canyon/Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by hotrodbob, May 14, 2006.

1. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

I just put a DJM drop kit on my '05 Crew Cab LS. Looks great, but drivers side front tire bottoms in the fenderwell. Anyone else have any experiance with a 3/4 drop?
    Chevy Accessories
  2. bmxguy44

bmxguy44 New Member

yes I did the same thing and had the same problem and also the left side was lower than the right by 3/4 of an inch.I put a 3" block on the right side and a 2" block on the left in the rear. Also sway bars from bell tech
  3. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Bell Tech has Sway bars. GREAT! Helwig does too, but I can't find anyone that has them or will even order them for me.

To stop the front from hitting I space the drivers side bump stop down 1/2 inch. Cut the read bump stops 1" and it's better. I will go to shorter front tires.
  4. bmxguy44

bmxguy44 New Member

truckperformance.com has the sway bars. They have fronts and rears, about 2 hours to install both.
  5. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Cool, I'll check them out.
  6. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Checked them out and will order them. Price is not bad!
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How did it turn out?
  8. hotrodbob

hotrodbob New Member

Have not bought them yet. Job changes possible so I'm holding off until after the new year.
  9. hearseman

hearseman New Member

I did the same drop and had the same problems. But my DJM control arms cracked on both sides on the welds.Made a bunch of angry calls after my truck had to be towed home.I ordered my stuff through stylintrucks and they did a great job getting me a new pair out to me the next day at no charge.The main problems were the struts. Even after putting a ton of anit seize on the bolts they had rusted in place and had to be cut out with the torch and ruined the bushings.And no one makes an aftermarket.After finding a pair of used struts i got it back togerther no thanks to DJM. My tire still rubbed (that's how i found out the control arm was cracked) but not as badly. I finally got it realigned for the 3rd time since the incident and found out the first place never adjusted the camber.It was off by a +1.4. Once that was fixed my tire hasn't rubbed since.
  10. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm dropped 4 inches in the front and rear and it does bottom out but its not as bad as it used to be. I am eventually going to get coilovers for the front to stiffen it up a bit. I already have the sway bars and they make a huge improvement in handling. I'm also gonna tub my front fenderwhells next year. GM didn't really make much room in the front for us lowered guys. For the time being I put the truck on a lift, cut a big square section out of the liner and used a big sledge to pound the fenderwell up a little where it was rubbing. Check out http://www.355nation.net/ or http://************.com/index.html/ there is a how to for the rubbing. They are both forums specificaly for colorados.