1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

havin some tranny probs

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rocco 87, Apr 23, 2008.

1. rocco 87

rocco 87 New Member

i have a fairly new 2003 suburban and it seems to be one problem after another. after blowing out both cats at two times and havin a MAF sensor go bad now the trans is dyin :grrrrrr:. it will shift from 1 to 2 a lil late not to bad but wont shift to third. it remains in second and at the usual shift point for 2 to 3 the trans disengages and the engine freely spools up. we tried shifting manually but no luck. it remained in second. any suggestions. i believe it may be a torq converter problem.
    thank you in advance for any advice
  2. tillyb1989

tillyb1989 New Member

my friend, shes done. my 96 silverado did the exact same thing..:frown:...twice! your best bet at this point since it sounds like you lost the 3rd and 4th clutch packs is a rebuild. whats the tranny? 4L60E? if so, i've had a few guys tell me they only last to about 80,000 - 100,000 miles. :slap:<<<< sorta what GM did to us with a 4L60E's
  3. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

I would also go with it is dead, mine lasted 125,000 the shop said it was unusual.

Phil