havin some tranny probs

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rocco 87, Apr 23, 2008.

1. rocco 87

rocco 87 New Member

i have a fairly new 2003 suburban and it seems to be one problem after another. after blowing out both cats at two times and havin a MAF sensor go bad now the trans is dyin :grrrrrr:. it will shift from 1 to 2 a lil late not to bad but wont shift to third. it remains in second and at the usual shift point for 2 to 3 the trans disengages and the engine freely spools up. we tried shifting manually but no luck. it remained in second. any suggestions. i believe it may be a torq converter problem.
    thank you in advance for any advice

2. tillyb1989

tillyb1989 New Member

my friend, shes done. my 96 silverado did the exact same thing..:frown:...twice! your best bet at this point since it sounds like you lost the 3rd and 4th clutch packs is a rebuild. whats the tranny? 4L60E? if so, i've had a few guys tell me they only last to about 80,000 - 100,000 miles. :slap:<<<< sorta what GM did to us with a 4L60E's

3. FireRed

FireRed Rockstar 100 Posts

I would also go with it is dead, mine lasted 125,000 the shop said it was unusual.

Phil