1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Having A New/Remann ECM Flashed

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Watchman37, Mar 23, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Watchman37

Watchman37 New Member

I just picked up a ECM at a parts store. I was told that it needs to be flashed. So I got a ride down to the dealership and now they are telling me that they need my whole truck there in order to flash it. Ugh! Is this true, or are they just trying to weasel more money out of me by having me drag my truck all the way there to jack up the labor? I was under the impression that all they needed to do was to hook this ECM up to a computer and upload the information on it.
  2. Blazer454

Blazer454 New Member

the ecm has to be installed in the truck and then they can reflash it. They will hook up through the dlc and install software to make sure it works with your truck. They arent trying to get more money out of you. If there are independant shops around your area you should call them and ask if they are able to do this for you. Most likely will be cheaper than going to the dealership