Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

having an issue with my lights

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by rondogg779, Dec 7, 2011.

1. rondogg779

rondogg779 New Member

my head lights will randomly cut out while driving.when you turn the lights on they sometimes make a buzzing noise,other times they do not.they will cut off for about 30 seconds or so and then will come back on or i will cut the truck off and they will come on.just wondering if anyone has encountered this problem or if it might be a common one.Thanks in advance for the help.i live on some dark ass roads and gots to have the light.

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

good ol electrical gremlins. only thing I can think of right now is check the ground at the battery. from their check the connectors to the lights and work your way back to the switch inside of the cab. looking for possible slits where the wire could be shorting etc. also checking the connections on the switch or possibly switch going bad.

3. rondogg779

rondogg779 New Member

you think maybe the highbeam switch?my running lights are supposed to be constant but they dont run until the lights are on and i dont believe that the person who had this before me bypassed it.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

could be. drl's should be on then turn off when headlights are turned on. once again to tell if someone bypassed it you will need to see if they spliced the headlight and drl's together or look under the fuses in the main fuse panel to see if diodes have been run from the drls to the headlights which is one way to do it. but a little weird that they dont turn on until healdights are on.