1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hawk or Raybestos Brakes, what's better??

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by rickp0001, Oct 20, 2008.

1. rickp0001

rickp0001 New Member

Hey guys,
    I have an 02 tahoe and I'm trying to find out what brand is prefered? It's my understanding both are good. What do you guys recommend.
    FYI also, I'm a pretty aggresive driver.

Thanks
    R.
  2. Never Enough

Never Enough New Member

I had the Hawk HPS and Powerslot rotors on my 04 Z71 and I loved them. Makes me hate the brakes on my 08 Silverado. Low dust, great stopping power, and they wore (or didn't) really well.
    I cant vouch for the Raybestos. I've never used them. I've always gone with Hawk and have never been disappointed.
  3. rockrash

rockrash New Member

Take a look at the EBC green stuff pads. Best you can get. And reasonably priced. I put some on my jeep and love them. Jeep has big tires and the EBCs stop it on a dime. I plan to but EBCs on my 2005 Tahoe when the time comes. Just my .02.