1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HD Hood

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevythunder1980, Jan 12, 2011.

1. chevythunder1980

chevythunder1980 New Member

Whats up guys? Hey I'm looking to put an HD hood on my 1500. Anyone recommend a good place to find one? I've been checking car-part.com and there are some there, but not sure if I should get a used one or new. Has anyone else done this? thanks
  2. ippielb

ippielb Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

on 1999-2002 silverado you can directly bolt them up. I'm not sure about the 2003-2007classics. I would recommend going to a junk yard and finding one the same color and just bolting it up. I was wanting to do the same thing to mine.
  3. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

03 -07 classics bolt on wth e exception of the 05 for some reason ( according to keystone )
  4. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Like this?
    [​IMG]

I found mine at car-part.com. I had to travel a bit, but getting the same color saved me money...

Good luck,
  5. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder New Member

I was lookin into that too thanks, does anyone know about the grills lining up i know that the top trim for the bumper would be different but would they fit, i have the 2500 non HD thanks
  6. ippielb

ippielb Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The grills will not fit without modification.
  7. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

03-05 1500 Non HD hoods will bolt right up and fit correctly with the grille. If you want to put the hood from the 05(HD),06-07 then you'll need the grille as well.
  8. chevythunder1980

chevythunder1980 New Member

So car-part.com actually came thru... found a white one and bolted direct on my 02 1500. This was the first time I've used that website. I'm happy w it and like the look of it. Thank for all the replies!
    6-21-09 020.jpg 101_1495.jpg