1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

head unit help

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ThePOPE490, Nov 13, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. ThePOPE490

ThePOPE490 New Member

what is the best head unit for the price that will fit in a 2000 chevy silverado

2. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i'm not sure what all you are looking for but i just bought the dual 7" motorized dvd/cd player from meijers store for $200. its got preouts and ipod ready and more amp preouts then i'd ever use. so far for the money and what it does i'm very happy with it!!

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2...on not knowing what your looking for??.....I would go to Crutchfield's Web Site....there you can see what stereo unit will fit and is within your budget.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What are you looking for in a radio? Nav,Ease of use? Preouts for adding amps? Great sound? Long lasting? Please let us know...

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X3 there are so many options and budget has a big effect! BTW my dual headunit had the motor go out on it. Wasn't very happy with it but it looked sweet while it lasted.

6. Enkeiavalanche

A word to the wise.. Dual,Jenson and a Few other of those Walmart brands like Ferinheight (spelling). Are all made by the same factory in China. I would stick with Kenwood, Pioneer (head unit only) Or Alpine..For your 2000 Din 1/2 If you want a good flip out screen Kenwood is the way to go..

7. ntbush83

The radio's in the 00's are the same as my 03 right? Mine's a double din

8. Enkeiavalanche

02 was the last year for GM trucks to be din and 1/2, 03 started the Double Din Radios...

9. ntbush83

Ok yeah thats right! I was gonna suggest an in dash touchscreen but then that won't fit for him.

10. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I got an Alpine ida-x303 head unit(ipod ready) from best Buy for $169 (was regularly $199 but got $30 OFF)installed for free because I also bought speakers. The guy there was top notch and did a great job. Best Buy has a lot of "HIDDEN" discounts the installer kid turned me on to. Like if you buy a head unit and speakers they gave me free install. Ask the installer about these. I then added a Viper 350HV and an Alpine Power pack Amp and got all that installed for free by the Same Installer and got like $30 off the Viper. So I was extremely happy with BB and highly recommend.
    The x303 is a nice unit and the Alpine Power pack Amp(ask HawaiiKid he turned me on to it) is a nice inexpensive power boost if you don't need boom boom sound.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010