1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Head unit wont shut off

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by castor, Jul 4, 2011.

1. castor

castor New Member

I have an 03 silverado with a JVC double din head unit, I bought the correct harness to wire everything up. As you all know it has the RAP and also as you know as soon as you open one of the doors it shuts off. Well when I got home just now from work, i turned the truck off and removed the key and opend the door but the head unit didnt shut off. I started the truck and shut it off and opened the door several times but to know avail. I ended up having to pull the fuse under the hood.

I need some help, so anyone that has any ideas throw em at me.

Thanks,

Tim
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The power button doesnt work on the unit to turn it off?

Sometimes the door switch needs to be replaced and thats why your radio wont shut off. It should be in the door latch assembly. Do the interior lights work properly?
  3. castor

castor New Member

Yeah oddly enough they do. which side is the switch on?? Like on the actual door or where the body of the truck is??

What can I do to combat this till I can get a switch??

Thanks,

Tim
  4. sstoner911

You have to take the door panel off...you will know it when you see it..kind of like a round cylinder i believe with 2 wires coming off it. You can jump the wires to see if it will shut your radio off...if it does its the switch.
  5. castor

castor New Member

thanks alot for the info. I appreciate it.

Tim
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Tim.
  7. castor

castor New Member

thanks for the welcome
  8. sstoner911

No problem, keep us updated.
  9. castor

castor New Member

Does anyone know about how much these switches go for usually?? can I get one at like autozone or advance?? or do I have to order it from a gm dealer??

Thanks for (more) info

Tim
  10. sstoner911

I would think you could get one from autozone for that year....shouldnt be to pricey.