1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!
  1. I thought about putting a LT1 from a 94 Roadmaster in to switch with my 98 4.3L V6 in my 98 Chevy Silverado 2WD, but instead, want to explore the V6 a little more. I am currently working on modifying a long tube SBC header/Hedman to fit my V6. I working on getting the V8 header and fabricate it to fit the V6 by removing one tube, don't know which one yet, just ordered Felpro 1402 header gasket to gasket match the header. The shortys are okay but would like to have a little more torque that the long tube will offer. Will hook up possibly 2 cats and run 2 muffler 3 chamber over to rear axle and dump them to the sides behind the rear tires. Has anyone done this header stuff? I know that there are benefits to this. While I'm doing that, the 4.3 does not offer any good heads, and read HOTROD articles of them getting close to 500 HP out of this V6. I am going to get another set of V6 heads and port them somewhat, get the only available cam a Comp Cam 266 or 260 and see what this will do.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ive read about people making the kind of power you are talking about but most of them are running forced induction... But keep us posted and take lots of pics..
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It should work, as the 4.3 is just a 350 with 2 cylinders chopped off