header question

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by jeffz0rz, Mar 2, 2010.

1. jeffz0rz

jeffz0rz Member

How difficult is it to pull headers off of an 03 5.3 sierra? I have a guy thats giving me some dynatech headers for my truck and I want to know how simple the swap is. Assuming i should change the gaskets while I'm at it. any tips on this swap? You all getting good gains with headers and a few mpg out of them?

2. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

definatly swap out the gaskets when you put the new ones on..and i wouldnt go with the cheapest ones.theyll more than likely give you problems later on..ive been considering putting some on my 04 and from what ive seen its not too much of a task if you have an understanding of what youre doing

3. jeffz0rz

jeffz0rz Member

That mean those headers are junk? I really don't know what quality they are. they look pretty nice on the website. seem legit and they are ceramic coated.

4. redneckarmyMP

oh no i meant stay away from the cheap gaskets haha.ive actually heard good things about the dynatech headers but cant speak from experience

5. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I use Dynatech and they're great.

6. jeffz0rz

jeffz0rz Member

from what i have seen from your truck, ill definitely stick with these headers lol. your truck it bad ass. its 4x4 or rwd ?

7. jeffz0rz

jeffz0rz Member

Am I looking at any difference in performance or mpg after the header swap? my tuner comes in tomorrow, and with the tuner, Cai, and headers will I see much of a difference in performance and mpg?

8. redneckarmyMP

that combination alone should definatly help with your performance and mpgs..but as far as how much im not quite sure