header questions? and other exhaust intake and tune questions?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by elkosp16, Jul 1, 2010.

  1. elkosp16

    elkosp16 Member

    02 silverado 1500 ext cab short bed 4.8l 4x4

    If I get a corsa exhaust system, dynatech long tube headers and intermediate pipe, and intake will i need a tune?

    Now my other questions, I keep hearing to get long tube headers. Are the dynatech's good? Or are the pacesetters better? And what will I have to worry about to pass emissions?
  2. JennaBear

    JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

    Intermediate pipe?

    Whether or not you will pass emissions, depends on your state. To get your vehicle to recognize headers, the computer needs to be tuned for it.
  3. elkosp16

    elkosp16 Member

    idk thats what summitracing has for the dynatech pipe i think its just a y pipe. it also says u can get it with hiflow cats or not. the corsa exhaust is a cat-back exhaust system. so like idk. i don't completely understand everything i need to be looking at or what exactly ill have to get. and by the way i live in pa.

    will a diable tuner work?
  4. JennaBear

    JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

    You should check your state laws before purchasing, especially the cats. Not sure if the Diablo will allow you to tune for headers.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

    silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

    The Dynatechs have it all over the Pacesetters. Witch intermediate Dynatech pipe are you going to use, the cat equipped or non cat pipe?
  6. elkosp16

    elkosp16 Member

    idk. i don't know the differences or what will pass emissions here.
  7. elkosp16

    elkosp16 Member

    ok so since i don't have the money to do this all at ounce and can only do 1 thing at a time, what order would u suggest do this? in the end i wanna end up having a corsa exhaust system (probably the sport with the side single exit), K & N intake, dynatech supermaxx stainless steel headers, and i keep hearing to get the diablosport predator programmer.
  8. j-schmizzle

    j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

    just as jennabear mentions you should definitely check the emissions law on your state. but if you were going to knock off 1 by 1, i would say go for the least expensive - intake first. then your exhaust. then as you find out more about the emissions law - you should be able to determine if you are able to run long tube headers vs shorties.
  9. SliverZ71

    SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

    That’s true because Virginia has some pretty stupid law when it comes to passing inspection. I had to change some back up light bulbs because the guy said they were DOT approved but the ones they installed didn’t have DOT on them any were so the guy shows me the package. Now who saves the package for there light bulbs? I installed JBA shorty for that same reason hassle free.
  10. elkosp16

    elkosp16 Member

    i'm hoping i should be good with the long tube headers, i'm gonna check just to make sure though.

    if i can't use them i'm thinking about just putting a borla exhaust system with borla headers on.

Share This Page

Newest Gallery Photos