headers for my suburban

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by willbradfan, Mar 4, 2010.

1. willbradfan

willbradfan Rockstar 100 Posts

So i decided this week to go ahead with buying some headers for my suburban and I am a big fan of Gibson exhaust systems and was going to go with some Gibsom ceramic headers. just wanted to see what kind of opinions I could get about the Gibson ceramic headers...

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I don't know any specifics about the Gibson headers, but ceramic is the best type to get. It will last long, stand up to the heat well, give you good performance, and stay looking better than anything else.

3. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I agree with the ceramic route. I have long tube headers made by heddamen and there just steel, I've thought about replacing them with some ceramic ones but havent gotten there yet. I've heard good things about Gibson but dont have any experience with them myself.

4. willbradfan

Alright, I decided to go ahead and buy the gibson ceramic headers. I hope I will be able to tell a difference over the stock headers. I can't wait to get them.

5. JennaBear

JennaBear Rockstar 100 Posts

Be sure to get LTs, as shorties are essentially the OEMs.

6. willbradfan

I just found out that my ordered got delayed until next week, it was suppose to ship out last thursday. I have option to cancel the order. The headers i ordered are just shortys. What would you recommend for longtubes and any idea how much it would cost for an exhaust shop to install them for me since i dont want to mess with the exhausting tubing? I'd like to keep my catalytic converters on in case i have to move to another state eventually.

7. willbradfan

I found some Hooker long tube ceramic headers that are cheaper than the gibson shorty headers that I ordered by almost $100. I would probably have to find some place to install the long tube headers as I can't mess with the pipe bending to get everything to work.

8. chadleyrw

chadleyrw New Member

what headers for 2.02" heads ?

i have an 87' gmc suburban 4x4 4spd. man. currently has a 4" lift and 33's i plan on puttin a 6" lift and 35's on later. i have a set of 2.02" double hump heads that i plan on having remanned and put on my 350 in my suburban, i wonder if i can get any advice on what headers to go with as i want the inside diameter to be the same on the headers as the exhaust ports on the heads, thank you!

Attached Files:

9. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ceramic Long Tube Headers are the way to go... :great:

The manufacturer brand is not as critical as the ceramic coating.:gasp:

My '94 K1500 has a set of Flowtech (Holley Performance) Long tubes and i run a set of Ceramic Long tubes from Doug's Headers on my '76 Impala.

You won't be disappointed...

10. willbradfan

I am still trying to find some long tube headers with the egr fitting so I dont have to worry about getting fined for not having the egr hooked up. I already returned my hooker headers as they didn't have the egr fitting on them and the customer service said that no one makes long tube headers with egr fittings so i ordered some shortys but Im going to cancel them because i believe he was wrong and that they do make long tube headers with egr fittings i believe?