headers on 4.8l

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by knightracer_08, Jul 25, 2009.

1. was just wondering if anyone has installed headers on their 4.8L and did it make that much of a difference?

2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

hey i want to know this also I am looking for a set for my 08 4.8 and I cant find them any where. Well I have found one brand but I dont want to spend over 250 for a set at this point.

3. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Is the 4.8L really that cheap: $250 for a set?

I was pricing headers for my 5.3 and couldn't get anywhere less than around $500.

4. black painted flow tecks are about 400, ceramics are 600, and bbk ceramics are about 635. I have found cheaper ones on ebay though that dont look like to bad of quality. Also check with your local dealer parts guys the headers off the 06-07 mite fit your 08 ive found alot of comanies just dont have their numbers updated. well i mite just have too go buy a set and put them and let you guys know!!!:lol: oh no spend more money on go fast parts that sucks, not.

5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the headers are the same for the 4.8,5.3,6.0, pretty much and ls series engine gm makes

6. 5point3

5point3 Rockstar 100 Posts

We have a good selection of headers for 4.8/5.3/6.0 engines.

SLP
    S+S
    Gibson
    JBA
    Doug Thorley
    Banks

I may have more available I will double check tomorrow. Pm me if you would like pricing on any of these brands.

7. Did you want to go with shorties or Long tubes?

8. psu7104

psu7104 New Member

Ive got a set of Edelbrock Shorty Tri-Tech Coated headers on my truck, I got them from summit for about $250, although after just checking summitracing.com it seems that the price went up to about $290. I love them and they made a very noticeable change in my trucks performance as well as giving it a new real nice sound out of my 3" dump exhaust. For most of all newer model chevy trucks the heads are the same but the stroke is different which is what makes the engine size difference from 4.8L to 6.0L so most headers will fit any of those engines.

9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

longs tubes is the way to go to.

if your going to buy shorties, i wouldnt even bother wasting my money.

and 5speed is correct, all headers bolt up to 4.8 5.3 and 6.0

10. thanks psu7104 thats what i wanted to know i also looked at the edelbrock shorties on summit, glad to hear it gives a good tone on the exhaust as well, i have a 3'' magnaflow that already sounds awsome. And yes we know the headers are all the same i just wanted to know if it made a differance.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009