1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

headers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by heavy chevy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I am having a problem finding shorty headers for my truck. I have a 08 4.8 silverado and I am wanting to know where i can find a good set of headers for my truck. I am wanting to find a inexpensive set but still good power gains. I would prefer pacesetter. If you have a part number or a website i can find them it would be greatly appreciated

2. Land Shark

Land Shark Rockstar 100 Posts

Do you have EGR or AIR on your truck ? What kind of truck Silverado 1500?

3. heavy chevy

it is a 08 4.8 1500 silverado. I dont know what that other stuff you asked means.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just my opinion but Shorty headers don't give a lot of gain for the investment. If you can't find any by surfing the net it's probably because your stock manifolds have sensors that can not be incorporated into the Shorty header. This is just a suggestion but I would call Summit Racing and talk to one of their techs. They are very helpful and can steer you in the right direction.

How many times do we read here where someone is selling something because it either doesn't fit or they are not happy with their purchase?

Jim

5. heavy chevy

that is understandable but due to laws here i cannot put long tube headers on

6. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

Is Texas really that strict on emissions? I don't think you can legally put long tube headers on a truck in any state because you are modifying emissions equipment, but unless you go through emissions testing they will never know. And even if you do go through emissions testing, most of them just make sure you don't have a check engine light on, so O2 simulators would fool it.

7. heavy chevy

in texas they put a thing in your muffler and also they check db to make sure that your not to loud. then they look under the hood and check your exhaust piping. If you have a muffler leak or no cats or long tube headers. I dont know what the deal is here but they are strict you cant get away with ne thing. When i got my inspection done on my 03 silvy i had a lil bit of black smut on the muffler and they made me go get the welds redone before they would give me my sticker.

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

what a crock. im glad we dont have to go through that here.

9. norcalbear05

norcalbear05 Rockstar

same deal in cali unfortunately :grrrrrr:

10. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

IMO i would look at the gibson or dynatech. Just from what I have seen from pacesetter on other vehicles the stuff is cheap.