1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

headers

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bubba030303, May 1, 2009.

1. bubba030303

bubba030303 Member

what would be the best headers for my 05 2500hd 6.0L, or would headers be good at all because i wa sgoin ot get a high flow cat for it but i was told they already have them. so would it be good to add headers?
  2. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well, I'd say Banks or Gibson. I personally like the ceramics. I was going to put headers on my truck, but the performance place steered me away. (Imagine turning down money....) They said that the AM headers don't always line up right and often have leaks, causing issues and reducing power. I can see that being true. Hopefully someone can chime in who has had exhaust manifolds replaced.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have 05 1500 4x4 with JBA short tubes with titaium coating. I went with the shorties for mor off-road clearance. If I had a 2wd street truck I would use the Dynatech long tubes with there high flow cats. I have over 70,000 mile on my headers and no issues, had over 140,000 miles on my Suburban with the coated shortys and also no issues. I do retighten my header bolts about every 12,000 miles with a torque wrench.