1. 4.8chevysilverado07

4.8chevysilverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

any suggestions on a good set of headers for a 07 4.8????

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It depends on what kind of headers you are wanting and what you are Looking to spend on headers??,

Long Tube headers,will give Better gains in H.P.....but your exhaust for the most part will need to be re-worked....and the Cost is more than shorty headers.

Shorty headers are for the most part a Direct Bolt-in to your exhaust.....but Small gains if any in H.P.

Some of the ones to look at.....Pacesetter.....JBA.....Doug Thorley......to name a few....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  3. 4.8chevysilverado07

alright i was wanting the lt but idk that much about em and i was wanting to run around 3" pipe

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was thinking about the same thing. I've already have a full exhaust but want some headers now. I couldn't find any long tubes though that would fit without some modification but if I get headers i want the performance the long tubes give ya.

5. 4.8chevysilverado07

thats you and me both lol

6. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

7. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

check ou this site speedeng.com they have a good deal on a set of long tubes and a y-pipe for like $500. they are pacesetters but long tubes none the less and thats the best deal i have seen for long tubes. this will delete your cats but it will save you the extra money for someone to cut and weld your stock y-pipe to make the long tubes work...

8. Patman

Patman Rockstar

pacesetter makes a nice set of longe tubes for our truck's. they have a think flange and you can also buy the y pipe with high flow cats and will bolt on to the factorry flange for the exhaust. I put a set on at my shop 3 weeks ago on a SS and they worked awesome. they were cheap also, less then 500$ in canada wich is awesome.

9. 4.8chevysilverado07

I think I saw them on jegs for around 2 or 3 bills