1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headers?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Mefford44, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mefford44

Mefford44 New Member

Hello i am curious to know what type of headers most prefer on a 2008 silverado. I already have magnaflow exhaust just looking for something to make my truck scream.

Thanks Mefford44
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Mefford44. I like the Dynatech longtubes. Well made and designed, they won a award a few years ago at the SEMA show from GM. If they got a award from GM than thats good 'nuf for me.
  3. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Really depends on what you are looking to do and what you want to get out of your truck.

What type to by?
    Longtubes will give more HP, Tri Y's will give you more torque but both of these will require some exhaust work. Shorties will allow you to use your existing exhaust system.

Steel, Coated or Stainless Steel?
    Steel is by far the most cost effective but will rust out over time and doesnt look as good.
    Coated will cost more and will help keep the heat down under the hood but they will rust just not as fast.
    Stainless will be the most costly but will by far look the best and will not rust.

Brand?

Well thats your decision as you will see there are lots to choose from.

If you have a 4x4 you may want to use a Tri Y for more low end torque, I got a set of Doug Thorley coated headers and love them but i was also looking to completly rework my exhaust.

Hope this helps more than not.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I like tri-y's also, but haven't found any for NBS trucks.