Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Headers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Chad513, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Chad513

Chad513 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm looking to install some headers. I only wanna spend around 350-400 bucks. I want the nest bang for my buck, I was thinking about doing some custom one cause a friend of mine is an amazing welder, but one question on that is how to make them work lol. But back to buying a set lol. I have a 5.3L V8 so what size primaries should I get, I know I want to go to 3" and have it 3" all the way back. Can you guys give me some advice about what you guys have on your vehicles.
    Please and thanks!!
    -Chad

2. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Pacesetter long-tubes are great and are pretty cheap. A lot guys on here have them. Check out autoanything.com

3. Chad513

Chad513 Rockstar 100 Posts

pace setters are cheap but I heard they suck and arent worth the money, like its better to just get a better pair for more money.
    has anyone heard of BBK? are they good?

4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I used to have dynotech, they didn't do much in terms of power mainly because I didn't have a tune with them. Sold them to a friend But I'm going to try the ceramic pacesetters When I put in a cam and port the heads and throttle body. I'm thinking they will have good scavenging abilities. Also a custom tune will help get all the power out of them.

5. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

If you're wanting to go cheap, pacesetters are probably going to be your best bet. As far as them not being all that great, they'll give you performance numbers, but definitely not quality. They begin to rust fairly quickly depending on what season you're in and the location in which you'll be driving. If I were you I would just save up the money and buy a quality product like Kooks, you will NEVER go wrong with Kooks LT's. I had them on my GTO and I'll never own a different brand.

6. fhp1556

fhp1556 New Member

BBK is very good. They started their company w/performance mods for the Mustang, and have since expanded their product line. Their quality if first rate.

7. novajoe

novajoe New Member

Thank you for the recommendation. We try to make the best product on the market. As far as the headers for the OP I would recommend buying a set of Kooks part # 67-52-175 these are 1 3/4 X 3 stainless steel long tube headers. Ask around it is better to spend a little more and not have problems a year or two down the road.