1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlamp Assemblies that Don't Leak and are Bright

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by The Heater, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice pics and Video....:great:
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I saw some Anzo ones that look really nice and they are the only ones I've found so far that make a 3RD brake light for my truck. My question is have they fixed the hyper flash issue that usually comes with LED lights. Same with any after market LED tails and front light.
  3. The Heater

The Heater Member 100 Posts

Anzo and ICPW use DOT approved assemblies and I know for sure that Anzo has built in resistance so your stock relay still thinks the load is the same resistance as an incandescent unit (I emailed them on that issue). ICPW says you just install theirs and drive, so I expect they have the same deal.

Wow. No leaks since 2005? Now you're talking. It is looking like ICPW is the way to go on these things. I found a stock looking headlamp assembly they sell, and an LED tail lamp unit that has a red lens, which is what I want.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The third brake light I have never had hyper flash, the tail lights and everything else I never had a hyper flash problem with. True story about the leaks, and my truck gets driven in the winter time too, It's put through the test.
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Good to know, I was also wondering about their LED replacement bulbs that you would use on you park lights and turn signals.
  6. The Heater

The Heater Member 100 Posts

A big thank you for the real life consumer feedback. This is what I need to figure out what to do. This is why these on line forums are valuable to the retail consumer.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This is very true.. I try to help both ways.. I help us the customer and the vendors.. They like to see feed back and try to help all they can There are just so many sites out there... But it is True IPCW does make a fine product I have used their lights for many years in cars and trucks and very rarely have a problem..