Headlight Assembly Pointed Upward Too Much. How do I adjust it?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GMC07, Jun 17, 2011.

1. GMC07

GMC07 New Member

Last month I was on a road trip with my family and I noticed that the headlights on my 2007 GMC Savana were pointed WAY to upward to the point that it really bothers semi-trailer drivers(We almost got run off the road because of that. We were boxed in by three of them but the surprising acceleration of the 5.3L V8 saved us there) and people keep flipping me the bird because they think I have my highbeams on. The question is are there any headlamp adjustment screws anywhere so I can adjust them myself or should I just go to the dealer? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

On my 08 sierra there is adjustment screw on top of the headlight assembly. there should be something similar to that on your vehicle....look in your owners manual out wull tell you how to do it.
    I see you posted this question before, did you check the headlight assembly to see if its siting correctly or is this a bulb aiming issue?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  3. GMC07

GMC07 New Member

It's the entire headlight assembly as there is a pretty sizeable gap between the headlights and the trim pieces that seperate them from the parking lamps.

4. GMC07

GMC07 New Member

I found the problem. The headlight assembly wasn't properly situated on the radiator support mounts. It's fixed no.