1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlight bulb recommendation (Alternative to HID)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 510chevyboi, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 510chevyboi

510chevyboi New Member

Alternative to HID.
    Hello I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 crew cab. It’s the NNBS, and one of my head light bulbs just went bad. So I need to replace it. I would like some recommendations to something other than stocks. And HID from what I read HID is the ways to go but seem like a hassle. I will eventually switch but right now I want something quick and less expensive but yet still look nice. I like the real bright bluish lights. Any recommendation
    Thanks a lot
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. 510chevyboi

510chevyboi New Member

where can i find those bulbs?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Piaa's work well, but they just don't last. Adam, about how long do your bulbs last?
  5. adampaul1964

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Adam, you mind posting up some night pics with your low's and figs on? Sounds like a pretty sweet bulb!
  7. adampaul1964

I don't have any night pics right now, but I found this one in my gallery. Nokya 100watt hi beam bulb on drivers side versus 37 watt stock bulb

[​IMG]

O.K. I just snapped some night pics, but photobucket is down for maintenance so I can't upload them yet. I'll put them up as soon as I can.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for the info Adam.
  9. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did your fog bulb and high beam have the same harness? I checked my fogs and I couldn't put the high beam in the fog light assembly.
  10. adampaul1964

Yeah on the '03 - '07 classic trucks the harness is the same for the fog and hi-beam, although I upgraded my fog harness to a high heat one. The stock 37 watt harness can't take the 100watt bulb. The hi an lo beam harnesses have been fine so far, I have 80watt lo beam and 100watt hi beam in those.