Headlight bulb recommendation (Alternative to HID)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 510chevyboi, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 510chevyboi

510chevyboi New Member

Alternative to HID.
    Hello I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 crew cab. It’s the NNBS, and one of my head light bulbs just went bad. So I need to replace it. I would like some recommendations to something other than stocks. And HID from what I read HID is the ways to go but seem like a hassle. I will eventually switch but right now I want something quick and less expensive but yet still look nice. I like the real bright bluish lights. Any recommendation
    Thanks a lot

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. 510chevyboi

510chevyboi New Member

where can i find those bulbs?

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Piaa's work well, but they just don't last. Adam, about how long do your bulbs last?

5. adampaul1964

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Adam, you mind posting up some night pics with your low's and figs on? Sounds like a pretty sweet bulb!

7. adampaul1964

I don't have any night pics right now, but I found this one in my gallery. Nokya 100watt hi beam bulb on drivers side versus 37 watt stock bulb

[​IMG]

O.K. I just snapped some night pics, but photobucket is down for maintenance so I can't upload them yet. I'll put them up as soon as I can.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for the info Adam.

9. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did your fog bulb and high beam have the same harness? I checked my fogs and I couldn't put the high beam in the fog light assembly.

10. adampaul1964

Yeah on the '03 - '07 classic trucks the harness is the same for the fog and hi-beam, although I upgraded my fog harness to a high heat one. The stock 37 watt harness can't take the 100watt bulb. The hi an lo beam harnesses have been fine so far, I have 80watt lo beam and 100watt hi beam in those.