Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Headlight bulb replacement?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Curky, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I want my lights brighter a little. I just want to replace the bulb, no kits. I’m not looking to spend a lot of money. Around $50 for both. There are too many to choose from. I was planning on going to auto zone. What is the best bulb?
    FYI, my lights are not burned out just want brighter. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Do they all have a blue tint? It is an 08, my bad

2. tiggermane44

tiggermane44 New Member

ddmtuner.com the headlights were 40 dollars i got my fog lights with them both for 96 total and they are BRIGHT i got the 10k Hids on my 06 silverado they are not just blue they are white blue yellow gold go to the website and look because thats the cheapest price ive seen

3. Curky

Thank you......

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Ive bought stuff from ddmtuning too, but that is an HID kit. if you are just looking for bulbs and want to get them at say an autozone etc the sylvania silverstars or the new crystal visions will give you more lumens than stock. they arent the super cheap but still should be in that price range you were looking for.

5. Curky

Thank you. I think i'm going to just go Autozone tomorrow.

6. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

See surreal's hid right up and then I explain the theory at the end of the post. HIDs are great just not great for vehicles

7. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

RECON has xenon bulb replacements for $29.95 plus shipping and handeling. Come in a variety of colors depending on what you want! Good luck and let us know what you decide on!

8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Silverstars definitely, Just remember they don't last as long as the stock bulbs but they are brighter and legal. I really like my 6000K HIDs and you can get them cheap but do your research, some are cheap and some are inexpensive. I went with the Philips but they are pricey. 6000K don't get the wrong attention.

9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I still can't believe people think the head lights in these Chevy pickups are dim!

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I put the piaa bulbs in mine. They are very white (no blue at all). They are considerably brighter and come with a one year replacement warranty. They run about the same price as the bulbs at autozone