1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlight Bulbs

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Cav_spartan, Jun 24, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Cav_spartan

Cav_spartan New Member

Im about to go ahead and swap out all my bulbs on my 08 silvey to those High Ouput White Light ones... idk anything about them I just want them to be decent in low beam then when i hit the highs knock your eyes back a foot into your skull... We have alot of deer traffic around here at Ft Drum and back home in NE North Carolina... Im gonna go with new bulbs for my Fog Lights, High and Low beams

recommendations?
  2. BAMES

BAMES New Member

Silverstar worked well in our '03 Yukon, but they burn out twice as fast as stock does. What I want to do is fit some PIAA driving lights on my bumper or something, then there would be a dramatic light increase, looks good too. But just replacing your high-beams with Silverstar bulbs should work nicely. And those blue ones you may see aren't the path to take, unless it's a true HID set up.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I think i have run everything PIAA has to offer on my trucks, and honestly it's the only thing I would run. Here is a video of my headlights in my Silverado with a 6" lift, I had them tilted down pretty far to keep from blinding people. If you looked directly at the high beams it would make you see spots, I did the high and low beams for $130 total. I also had 6 PIAA 520 series yellow ion driving beams, and they are basically giant fog lights. Those bulbs would be excellent in fog lights at ground level, they are about $50 a set. Here is a short video of my lights, ENJOY!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL-psa0rMKQ"]YouTube - Matrix projector headlights[/ame]