1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlight flash on Chevy Express 2000

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by kandave, Nov 30, 2009.

1. kandave

kandave New Member

Chevy Express 3500 2000 year model. Should this model have the facility to flash the headlamps using the control stalk? The control stalk (lights, wipers, cruise) pulls back towards the steering column as if it should. Can anybody advise whether something is not working or if this feature wasn't there in the first place?

Kandave
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For some reason, US manufacturers have been slow to adopt the "flash" feature. Some models have it others do not. Rather irritating if it is something that you are used to.

We've come a long way from floor mounted dimmer switches but we have a ways to go before we adopt the Euro standard. I don't particularly like wipers and turn signal controls on the same stalk. I often find myself changing lanes and wiping the windscreen at the same time.

I prefer turn, cruise and high beam control on the left and wiper on a right mounted stalk.

I don't know how the Express vans were equipped, but I'm sure someone will chime in with the answer.