Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Headlight Harness

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Crawdaddy, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

When I first joined the board, I remember reading a thread about an aftermarket wiring harness for trucks that give the headlights more power via a relay and also allows you to have the low and high beams on at the same time. Where can I find one of those kits for sale? I hate not being able to see on dark rural roads...

2. Crawdaddy

through a little digging, I found the thread I was referring to....

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4047

The wiring harness that was linked to in there looked perfect for my needs, but I am having trouble finding it for sale anywheres for my bodystyle sub.

3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ya the closets I can get is 92. There no real difference though is there.or so I thought

Is your front end like #1?
    [​IMG]

Or #2?
    [​IMG]

4. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Check out these guys. I bought one for my Dad's 05 Yukon XL and it worked great. I bought it through 4 Wheel Parts. It looks like the one you will need is part number 4L.

http://thebritebox.com/BB.main.page.html

5. Crawdaddy

Cableguy, my front end is like #1 (as if there's any other front end that looks as good :great: ) That BriteBox thing does look promising, although I am still investigating how it works (it only seems to plug into one headlight?). The one I was referring to used an actual relay to feed the headlights straight off the battery with heavier gauge wire, so that the bulbs could pull full draw and not burn up the headlight switch wire(not good). Anyone have leads on other potential harnesses/boxes that can do it?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  6. TA Dave

TA Dave Member

Man, that red 91 really looks good, where did you find that Cableguy?

Good info Craw, I'd like to do that with my 93.