Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

headlight help

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by jayhawkfan, Aug 9, 2014.

1. jayhawkfan

jayhawkfan New Member

My son was recently given a 1991 GMC truck. I needs work, a lot of work. I was wondering if it is possible to change the headlights. It has euro headlights, we would like to change it to the four light configuration.

This is similar to what we have: single headlight.jpg

This is what we would like to do: dual headlight.jpg

Any information would be helpful. I'm really looking forward to spending some time working on this with my son and my dad.
    Andy

2. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Active Member 500 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Yes, it can be done. I have seen it many times. You will need the complete grill assembly along with the complete lighting assembly. Auto parts warehouse is a good source for this. That's is the grill I have on my truck and that's where I got it, after a fender bender. It still looks grate after being on the truck for 4 years. I have good pics of my truck in my garage. My truck is a Silverado, and did have an identical grill new, but I know the conversion is a simple one.

3. jayhawkfan

jayhawkfan New Member

Thank you for your reply. Like to fix this plain jane up to make her a little fancier.

4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

you will need the headlight wire harness as well. Check out your local salvage yards. You can typially find pretty good stuff in there