headlight help

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by zackyv55146, Jan 6, 2010.

1. zackyv55146

zackyv55146 Rockstar 100 Posts

i want to get these projector lights for my 88 gmc but they only come with 2 lights would i and could buy another set to use on my high beams?

[​IMG]

2. stanstrif

stanstrif Member

my understanding is yes but you would want to make the high beams H.I.D. (high intensity discharge)

3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Yes, you'll just have to buy 2 sets, and you'll be good to go...

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

check out these ones.
    http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting...Projector-Headlights-Chrome-p5187726-2-1.html
    they would solve the having to buy two. I bought projectors from here for my wifes car. its also got the HID upgrade option, but DDmtuning has HID much cheaper. Just make sure the HIDs fit the new lights. In her car it went from an H1 to an H7. I see these list the HIDs as H1. they will come with regular bulbs when you buy the lenses.

5. dsfloyd

6. TritonBoulder47

Neither one of those you listed will work for his truck... He has a "Work Truck" edition. he has 2 pair of sealed beam headlights, not the composite headlights like in the links you provided...

Although, he can buy a conversion kit so change his front end to the style with composite headlights...

7. dsfloyd

oops:neutral:

8. TritonBoulder47

LoL It's all good...

9. zackyv55146

zackyv55146 Rockstar 100 Posts

well thnx for the help guys and even though the links didnt help much its the thought that count do u guys think i should just get 4 of them or just get 2 for my reg lights and these for my highs?
    [​IMG]

10. TritonBoulder47

Personally, I'd get those for all 4... To me, the round projector in a square frame looks goofy. But hey, it's not my truck... It's all on you and what you like my man... :great: