1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlight restoration

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by adampaul1964, Feb 25, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just used this stuff on my sons Cadillac in order to pass P.A. inspection and I am impressed!!( which is pretty hard to do!) just wonder if anyone else has had similar results :great:

http://www.myheadlight.com/

Attached Files:

2. bzboardco

bzboardco New Member 100 Posts

Dang that looks good...never used that before, but i have used mag wheel cleaner but I don't think it did quite that good
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i dont remember the brand we use at the shop but get a good plastic polish or a headlight dedicated polish, and that should do the trick, DIY tho we charge like 50 buck to polish headlamps lenses, just got to follow the directions
  4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I bought that stuff at Wal -Mart for $19.95, it's enough to do 2 headlamps & only takes about 30 mins I'm usually pretty skeptical about "wonder" products, but so far I'm impressed. We'll see how it holds up! :neutral:
  5. mhevezi

mhevezi New Member

Mothers Metal and Aluminum polish works well on removing a lot of the "fog" on plastic headlights. Use the paste, not the liquid. Not perfect, but it makes a noticable difference.
  6. navychevyguy

navychevyguy New Member

Headlight info???

I had the BMW style LED Angel Eyez installed on my 02 Silverado. It was nothing short of sexy. I'm wandering if there is an aftermarket setup DIY for the '08s or is that something that needs to go to a shop. Right now i just have the stock.