1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlight Spray on tint

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chrismx104, Jan 14, 2010.

1. chrismx104

chrismx104 New Member

Ok, I used the spray on headlight tint and when i sprayed it on it cracked. So I sprayed a few more layers on and it still turned out like CRAP! So does anybody know how to get this off?
  2. tnhusker

tnhusker New Member

I am not sure if it will work but you could try something like the 3M headlight restoration kit. It uses a drill and sanding process.
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Damn that sucks!! Sorry i can't help you, but i'm sure someone here can help.
  4. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member 100 Posts

I would think laquer would take it off..
  5. chrismx104

chrismx104 New Member

Yea i went and bought some mineral spirits and it didnt even phase it
  6. BLK-Z71

BLK-Z71 New Member 100 Posts

Buy some denatured alcohol or laquer thiner, that should do it..
  7. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 New Member 100 Posts

Denatured alcohol is the only thing that will take it off.
  8. Dillon

Dillon New Member

Sand them

i have done 2 set of tail light for my buddys you will have to sand it off i dont know what you used or how u did that but if it looked bad i would not add to it .... i use VHT night shade it the best you have to wash the lights then alcohol over the light let them dry real good then lighty VHT them let dry then ADD VHT TILL they are as dark as you would like hit me up with any ??? later
  9. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd be careful when you sad it off not to scratch the plastic and end up frosting them.
  10. chrismx104

chrismx104 New Member

I used the goof off stuff and it took it right off but now I have a bad haze over the light like it took off the clear coat. Is there anything I can do besides buying new headlights? I know there is a headlight restoration kit but im not sure the price or where to get it. Any ideas??:money: