1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Headlight switch

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by From78to83, Apr 21, 2011.

1. From78to83

From78to83 New Member

2001 1500 4WD Suburban. My dome light dimmer roller on my headlight switch is not functioning properly. When I roll it all the way up to turn on the dome lights, it will not illuminate the dome lights, I have to force it very hard to get the dome lights to come on and if I let go, the dome lights go off. The roller also does not vary the intensity of the dash lights either. Also the whole headlight switch housing gets very hot at night when the lights are on. Should I be mister obvious and assume that I need a new switch?? Thanks for not slamming me on you response. Alex

2. MightyMax

MightyMax Rockstar 100 Posts

Yep, I would go with a new switch.

Adv. Auto prolly has one on their shelves.

Set up an account w/ them online and order online and use promo code P20 and you should get 20% off....
    Those things I think are around $70 for that year truck. So $14 off is good.

3. From78to83

From78to83 New Member

Thanks

Thanks Mightymax. I will check out Advance Auto. Nice to get help from a fellow Hampton Roads resident!

4. MightyMax

MightyMax Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome.

:happy: Didn't see you were from VA.