Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Headlight upgrade

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Pikey, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hi, I am looking at upgrading the bulbs in my truck, one just burned out. The stock low beams stink. I do not have the cash right now to go HID. So what upgrade bulb would you guys (or girls) suggest? silverstar? silverstar ultra? something else? I really don't want blue light. Thanks
    Oh yeah, my bulb is a 9006

2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

hey.. i live on the alaska hwy in northern BC, it is pitch black, with moose and bear everywhere, just got new headlights in yesterday.. PIAA 9006 (9000 series), I changed my low beams.. I am going to change my high beams next week They are so good! The set was $100.00. They are nice and bright (not blue), I can see every Moose and Deer...lol http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs.html check them out!

3. Pikey

Thanks Erica! I will see if I can find a local shop that carries them. Did you get the Intense white, Xtreme white plus, or the Super plasma gtx?

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2 on the piaa! those are good headlights I bet all the models will be bright, just depends what color you want.

5. GMCErica

i got the 9006 xtreme white lights.. they are amazing. you will love them.. im getting the smaller PIAA bulbs for my fogs, as my stock ones are yellow-ish and the PIAA are white.. big difference.. I am going to change the high beams on friday...

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Ohhh forgot to tell you they come with a 1 yr warranty too, and they are really good at honoring them. My ex and I owned Subies, and we had them in all the cars, they blew and we returned them with the warranty..No issues... Grab two sets, one for the low beam and one for the high!! Enjoy

6. Pikey

Very good info Erica, Thanks! I will try to find them in the morning. I may consider doing the fogs also, you can not even tell that they are on right now.

7. GMCErica

No problem, anytime!!... You will notice a difference in the pitch dark... (do the fogs... the yellow will drive you crazy) lol! Let me know which ones you get..and how they work...!!

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nokya's are cheaper than PIAA's and are just as bright, I've been using them for years and am very happy with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jbjones240

jbjones240 Rockstar 100 Posts

PIAA fan for non hid

-JJ

10. SEMiller

SEMiller New Member

Which Nokyas are you using?