1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlight upgrade

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Pikey, Nov 22, 2011.

1. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

LMC trucks has a wiring harness you add to your truck that also makes the lights brighter, add that with your new bulbs. I think th harness is around $25-$30.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought the Intense white PIAA today. They are pretty damn bright. My friend called PIIA and they told him that the intense white were slightly brighter than the xtreme white. I am ordering the fogs tonight. With the stock fogs I could not even tell when they were on. Now with white headlights I can actually see a little yellow seeping out of the sides in the front.
  3. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nice purchase!! Glad that you went with PIAA, do you love 'em already? lol I get my fogs done friday... That yellow beam was driving me crazy too!!
  4. Pikey

I just ordered the fogs! Total for the low beams and the fogs it only cost me $100. Not bad, well worth it if I can see where I am going. I only drove it tonight for a few minutes. What a major difference.
  5. Pikey

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Erica,
    Why would you get your fogs done? They take like 5 mins to swap...
  7. GMCErica

Cause they are putting in my high beams, (they were on back order last week), so they are gonna put them in at the same time..
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Arctic White Stage II, 100 watt hi beam and fog (9005) and 80 watt lo beam (9006)
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

High beams take like 5 mins, too!
  10. GMCErica

its -34 degrees outside, a few feet of snow, and I dont have a garage.. So that is why I am paying someone to do it for me.. Its worth it to me..