Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlight woes. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Woodie, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Woodie

Woodie New Member

I can't figure out how to change my headlights!!!!
    My headlights are dangerously dim, especially for the back roads that I live on. So I bought some new bulbs. I spent probably 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get to the old headlights with no luck. I even have a "Haynes" manual with pics and everything. The guy who owned the truck before me put a 93 grill in my 91 and I think that has something to do with why I can't get to the headlight assembly.

Any ideas on how to get to the headlights? Should my different grille make it difficult to get to the headlights or not?
  2. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

There should be screws holding them in at the top just behind the chrome area of the grill. There will be holes with the bolts inside them. After you loosen them, the assembly should just slide right out.
  3. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Replaced the bulbs on my 94 K1500 and had to remove the grill in order to pull out the headlamp assembly.
  4. Scott_Anderson

Scott_Anderson Member 2 Years 100 Posts

On my 2000 K2500, I could get to the low beam lights from under the hood,(a real pia,) but to get to the high beam lamps the grill had to come off and the headlamp assy removed to change them.(much easier)
  5. Woodie

Woodie New Member

sometimes you have to be humbled before you can learn... I feel pretty dumb that I couldn't figure that out. But thanks to "untouchable" for pointing out the obvious and helping me out. It was ridiculously easy once i knew what i was doing.
  6. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'm happy I could help. Don't feel dumb though...I took the bed off of my old '83 one time because I couldn't figure out how to remove the gas tank hahaha.
  7. Scott_Anderson

Scott_Anderson Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'd rather pull the bed(have 2x now) to work on the intank pump than to have to handle a tank with fuel in it.....