1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlights always on ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by nutlug, Jul 3, 2012.

1. nutlug

nutlug New Member

I just picked up a 97' Tahoe and the headlights are on most of the time , even with the switch is off. It looks the same as my 95' K2500 , but I'm trying to figure out if there is a problem in electrical system or what ? Why would there be a off switch if you can't turn them off ? Thanks , Steve
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Those are considered driving lights. They are on for safety. You will notice that your tail lights do not turn on unless you turn the switch to on. I am not positive about that year, but you may be able to press the dome light/overide button quickly 4 times and it might shut them off.
  3. nutlug

nutlug New Member

The dome switch did not work, but I found out that if you tap the emergency brake they go out.
  4. Kady

Kady New Member

Its normal, Its the daytime running lights. I had a 96 Suburban, did the same thing. There is a way to bypass it, if you don't mind the little green indicator light on in the dash... I don't remember if we pulled the fuse or did something with the bulb, but you can get around it. The dome override switch only works on the 00 and up.