1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlights clouding up

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Lil Butch, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Lil Butch

Lil Butch New Member

My headlights are starting to cloud up and its really getting on my nerves , I have heard of some polish that will restore them but I wanted to see if yall have used these products or if yall know of something else that will work
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There are several "restoration kits" available, but in my experience initial results are good but they do not last. The best way I have found is a method I came across on Pontiac forum. I used this method on my wife's Grand Prix and the results were awesome, better than the "kits" and the polyurethane step at the end gives them protection to make them last. Here's the link:

http://www.gpona.com/forums/do-it-y...dlight-restoration-t18468.html?hilit=hardcore
  3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I also use Plast-X from maguires.. That stuff works great as well and it is just a cleaner and there is no need for a kit etc.. and it lasts.
  4. karz4life87

karz4life87 Rockstar

3M makes it a kit that i use at work for the headlights. I have used it on my 04 silverado and it has lasted for 2months so far. You can check at a local body shop that may do it. It cost anywhere from $50 - $120 are the prices i found. 3M is the best ive used.
  5. ghotachevy

ghotachevy Rockstar ROTM Winner

Brasso and a rag or buffer