1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlights

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by herritage, Nov 10, 2008.

1. herritage

herritage New Member

I have a 97 Chevy Silverado. The headlights come on when the ignition is turned on as is supposed to. However, when you turn the headlight switch to the on position, the headlights go off. In the parking light position they stay on. Can you help?
  2. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

sounds like something is crossed up or like one of your relays isn't allowing the lights to change properly. I would recommend asking a GM mechanic or someone in your local GM service department they may have a quick answer for you. and if it's something that only they can fix for you they can tell you that too. That's the safest bet but i'd assume its a relay issue myself just as a first thought
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Could even be a bad switch.
    They have a new switch listed at autopartswarehouse.com for $60 for your application.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  4. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yeah I get a lot of my parts from autopartswarehouse.com that is a great aftermarket parts dealer.