1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headlights

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by herritage, Nov 17, 2008.

1. herritage

herritage New Member

I have a 97 Chevy Silverado. The headlights come on when the ignition is turned on as is supposed to. However, when you turn the headlight switch to the on position, the headlights go off. In the parking light position they stay on. Can you help?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

have you checked the fuses,relays,wires ect. ??

hope fully we can help you get this resolved :great:
  3. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm thinking you have a bad headlight switch. If the headlights going on in the parking position.
  4. herritage

herritage New Member

I have checked fuses and wiring. I even replaced the switch. However, the switch was from AutoZOne and someone told me that switch may also be bad.
  5. herritage

herritage New Member

On this model the headlights come on when ignition switch is on (running lights). My truck they go off when the headlight switch is turned to the on position. When turned to the park light position they remain on.
  6. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

Sounds Like A HeadLight Lamb Prob, Lamb have like three modes on them, try to replace em and see what happonds
  7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

could it be the daytime running lights? I'm not sure why they would go off when you turn the switch on, unless it's a blow fuse somewhere in the chain. The DRLs and headlights have 2 separate fuses. I want to say the headlights are on fuse A or B for some reason, but I could be wrong. Check your manual.