1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Headliner Plugs? '01 Burban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by schaefman, Dec 13, 2007.

1. schaefman

schaefman New Member

Ok, so I bought this '01 K1500 used, and I love it. I got it home, and found that the 2 headliner plugs above the middle seats were missing.

Does anyone know where I could order some from, without having to order the whole headliner?

I hope this is not something that was posted before, and I missed it.

I am just glad to have a 'burban again.

Bob
    Chicago
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Where are they located?

Is it just holes in the headliner?

Sounds like there may have been something there and it was removed. Although I could be wrong. Like a roof console.
  3. schaefman

schaefman New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I though about there having been somthing there, but looking up through the holes, there appear to be sockets or receptacles that they would push into.

The holes are above the backrest of the second row seats. There are 2 of them.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Rear DVD player? For the third seat ocupants.
  5. jbf00sub

jbf00sub New Member

Mine has the same issue. The retainer plugs can be bought at the dealer. This is a common problem with the 2 you have missing above the 2nd row seat. I leave mine out because I mounted a 10.4" DVD monitor in the headliner behind the sunroof opening and I think the extra weight of that contributes to the retainers falling out a day or so after installing them. If you have no aftermarket stuff mounted to the headliner you will be ok replacing the plugs and having them stay in for a while.

Jon