Headrest DVD Players

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 08silverburban, Aug 31, 2009.

1. 08silverburban

08silverburban New Member

I recently installed Headrest DVD Players into my 2008 suburban. I will post pics later. I bought on Amazon for 1/4 what the dealer wanted for install. I was able to tie into my Nucleus IPOD adapter for sound and I have it wired to plug into the cigarette outlet (makes it easy to pull the plug on the kids if they are acting up in the back).

This is a great addition to the vehicle for the long trips, and I would recommend it to anyone. www.amazon.com

41MZq2qw8zL._AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i havent really seen one plugged into the cig lighter, can wait for some pic.

3. Coneklr

Coneklr Member

Cool. Post pics and a link to Amazon item.

4. 08silverburban

Pictures

Sorry it took so long to post pictures, I have been in Europe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. 08silverburban

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-HDVD-9GR-Pre-Loaded-Headphones/dp/B001588JI6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254154336&sr=8-3"]Amazon.com: Power Acoustik HDVD-9GR 8.8-Inch Pre-Loaded Universal Headrest Monitors with Twin DVD Combo and Headphones (Gray): Electronics

That is the link. As I mentioned, I have the sound connected directly to the radio, but put a 'Parental Pull The Plug' function in.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  6. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Very nice, do they just come with the correct headrests for your vehicle or kind of a universal headrest?

7. 08silverburban

It's a universal headrest, but I found it fairly easy to adjust and install. I am considering adding another set to the back of the 2nd row captain's chairs, but that may push the luck with the wifey...

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

another thread falls to externally linked images that were taken down.

9. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Isn't that the truth?.....

It really is unfortunate when that happens - its always threads that would have interesting or useful pictures too. I was not happy with photobucket when my account went down during their updates. Luckily, they managed to sort it out. Once I've linked to something though, I don't want to have to track it down to change the link so I make sure to leave all my pictures where they are.