Headrest DVD Players

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 08silverburban, Aug 31, 2009.

1. 08silverburban

08silverburban New Member

I recently installed Headrest DVD Players into my 2008 suburban. I will post pics later. I bought on Amazon for 1/4 what the dealer wanted for install. I was able to tie into my Nucleus IPOD adapter for sound and I have it wired to plug into the cigarette outlet (makes it easy to pull the plug on the kids if they are acting up in the back).

This is a great addition to the vehicle for the long trips, and I would recommend it to anyone. www.amazon.com

41MZq2qw8zL._AA300_.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  2. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i havent really seen one plugged into the cig lighter, can wait for some pic.
  3. Coneklr

Coneklr New Member

Cool. Post pics and a link to Amazon item.
  4. 08silverburban

Pictures

Sorry it took so long to post pictures, I have been in Europe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. 08silverburban

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-HDVD-9GR-Pre-Loaded-Headphones/dp/B001588JI6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254154336&sr=8-3"]Amazon.com: Power Acoustik HDVD-9GR 8.8-Inch Pre-Loaded Universal Headrest Monitors with Twin DVD Combo and Headphones (Gray): Electronics

That is the link. As I mentioned, I have the sound connected directly to the radio, but put a 'Parental Pull The Plug' function in.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  6. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Very nice, do they just come with the correct headrests for your vehicle or kind of a universal headrest?
  7. 08silverburban

It's a universal headrest, but I found it fairly easy to adjust and install. I am considering adding another set to the back of the 2nd row captain's chairs, but that may push the luck with the wifey...
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

another thread falls to externally linked images that were taken down.

9. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Isn't that the truth?.....

It really is unfortunate when that happens - its always threads that would have interesting or useful pictures too. I was not happy with photobucket when my account went down during their updates. Luckily, they managed to sort it out. Once I've linked to something though, I don't want to have to track it down to change the link so I make sure to leave all my pictures where they are.