1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

heard somethin weird the other day

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Eslingerj, Sep 22, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Eslingerj

Eslingerj New Member

i heard that they were puttin nitrogen in tires to keep them colder does that give you a better ride or just save your tires
  2. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike New Member 100 Posts

the only purpose for nitrogen is so ppl dont have to adjust there tire psi as often

nitrogen molecules are bigger than oxygen thus they wont leak down as much
  3. wrightj

wrightj New Member

so would you recommend putting nitrogen in?
  4. MOJ06

MOJ06 New Member

I run all my tires with Nitrogen. I highly recommend it.
  5. hamhock

hamhock New Member

How do you fill them? Do you keep a bottle of nitrogen around?
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A few of my buddies work at Kauffman tire and if u request it they will fil your tires with it. they do it the same way
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

This is pretty much the only reason to run nitrogen, the pressure doesnt fluctuate as much.
    Aircraft tires are serviced with nitrogen to keep pressures steadier when going between extreme cold and heat cycles.
    We used nitrogen in our truck tires in the gulf so we wouldnt have to service the tires every morning, the temperature can fluctuate as much as 60deg between day and night.