1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heat/AC air volume troubles

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GElwell, May 22, 2010.

1. GElwell

GElwell New Member

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone has an avenue I can persue:

I have a 1993 Silverado recently purchased to pull my camper and I notice the air blows at less than optimal. It seems like I'm on low speed even though I can tell it's on high. Is there somewhere I can go in the heating system to look for a blockage? It's really noticable when in fefrost mode. I'm very familiar with taking apart dashes due to being a professional car stereo installer but I really do not want to take the entire dash apart if it's not necessary. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Pull out your heater fan.. you will not need to pull the dash to get it. it is mounted in the foot well.. The motors get old and weak and dont push as hard. I swaped mine out when it would make noise and hardly move the air and now it works great. These trucks are notorious for the HVAC fan not working properly after a time.
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My 93 is similar to yours. Search the forums. I have a post with pics for the fan motor replacement. And I have another post for the blower relays. When I did both I found it necessary to remove the glove box for easy access. I'm not sure your problem is the fan or blower relays. Check the wires for the relays. The circuit gets very hot and burns the leads.