1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heated Mirrors / Rear Defogger??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by sdjonedge, Jan 25, 2012.

1. sdjonedge

sdjonedge New Member

Hello, My name is Scott and this is my first post. I have a 2000 Suburban LS and my problem is this. When I puch the REAR DRFOGGER button, it is supposed to defrost both rear barn door windows and also both outside rear mirrors. It only defrost the Right barn door window. Nothing else.. Any thought on this would be helpfull...

Thanks Scott
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

open up your barn doors, look in the door jams at the piller above the brake lights and you will see a bunch of brass plungers sticking out. i think 5 on the right and 2 on the left door. One or both are shot. they are spring loaded and the springs provide the contact inside the terminal. they are cheap at the dealership if you have to replace them but these are your culprit. you can take them off and take them apart to clean them as i am sure you will see they are discolored or have some blueish green crap on them. some steel wool or scotch brite pads work good. also make sure you clean the contact tabs on the actual doors as well. those may need to be replaced if they are really scraped up too.
  3. sdjonedge

sdjonedge New Member

Thanks Jason... I know exactly what you are talking about....

Scott